Friday, January 28, 2011

News and a Future Presentation

I wanted to spell out exactly what I'll be doing on this blog in the near future. This is probably more of a help for me I guess, given the blog's sudden and necessary creation, but it'll give a head's up to anyone wanting to keep an eye on this page. This will be my main web presence advertising my family history research service (hence the blog address) for the time being, but I fully plan on posting a variety of genealogical and historical topics.

For instance, I've bought the first season of the American version of "Who Do You Think You Are" on DVD and plan on catching up with what I'd missed, since I'd been in Wales when it was originally airing. When the show starts airing its second season on NBC beginning February 4th, I'll be catching each one and providing a recap for anyone interested enough to read it. Later on, when I've gotten some more business, I'm going to be purchasing the United Kingdom version of the show on DVD and reviewing all four series/seasons of that show as well.

In addition to that, I'm currently brainstorming several different articles that I hope are a mix of being informative and helpful for researchers and other visitors. This is my first run at a public blog, so pardon the dust and bad writing while I'm getting settled into this!

Meanwhile, I've got my first non-school related speaking engagement! I'm busy getting things ready for it right now. I'm very excited and nervous, but I think I'll have that well in hand by March. (Hopefully!)

Here are the details:

Presentation @ the Jefferson County Genealogical Society (Website: Link)
Date: March 19th, 2011
Time: 9:30 a.m. (Speaker begins between 10:15 and 10:30)
Location: Jefferson County Library, 5680 Hwy PP, High Ridge, Missouri
Presentation Title: Records of England and Wales: An Introduction
Description: Focuses on some of the basics of English and Welsh Genealogical Records for Researchers.
Public Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment